Connect a thermocouple to this board to measure the temperature of an object or area. Plugs directly into a USB port.
Thermocouples are widely used to measure extreme temperatures impossible to measure with other types of sensors.
J, K, E and T thermocouples are directly supported in the library and return the measured temperature in °C.
It is possible to interface other thermocouple types by converting the measured potential returned by the Temperature Sensor into Celsius using the appropriate tables; the formula and links to the tables are described in the User Guide.
Very long thermocouples are okay (even 100m), but if there is measurement stability issues or USB resets, ferrite beads can be added to the thermocouple wire close to the Phidget Temperature Sensor. See our tutorial on Addressing EMI Issues.
|API Object Name||TemperatureSensor|
|Number of Thermocouple Inputs||1|
|Temperature Update Rate||25 samples/s|
|Ambient Temperature Error Max||± 0.5 °C|
|Thermocouple Error Max (K-Type)||± 2 °C|
|Thermocouple Voltage Resolution||24.2 μV DC|
|Thermocouple Temperature Resolution (K-Type)||0.62 °C|
|Current Consumption Max||25 mA|
|USB Voltage Min||4.8 V DC|
|USB Voltage Max||5.3 V DC|
|USB Speed||Full Speed|
|Recommended Wire Size||16 - 26 AWG|
|Operating Temperature Min||0 °C|
|Operating Temperature Max||70 °C|
- 1051_0 PhidgetTemperatureSensor 1-Input Board Revision 0
- 1051_1 PhidgetTemperatureSensor 1-Input Board Revision 1
We offer a choice of thermocouples with different maximum temperature values:
- 3107 - Bead Probe K-Type Thermocouple (-50 to +200°C).
- 3108 - Immersion Probe K-Type Thermocouple (-50 to +700°C).
- 3109 - Bead Probe K-Type Thermocouple (-50 to +450°C).
- 3110 - Bead Probe K-Type Thermocouple (-50 to +785°C).
If you want to use a thermocouple with a Subminiature (Flat Pin) connector, you can use the 3106 - Thermocouple Adapter
- A 3018 - Mini-USB Cable 180cm
- A Hardware mounting kit (4 nuts and bolts (M3), 4 plastic spacers)
You can protect your board by purchasing the 3812 - Acrylic Enclosure for the 1051.